Same Day Service – Regular Rates 7 Days a Week, 7AM to 7PM – 24hr Emergency Service
Because we spend so much time in our homes (up to 90 percent of our time) and the tremendous improvements in energy efficiencies in our homes, high efficiency heating and air conditioning equipment, better windows and insulation, air sealing and weather stripping. That’s all well and good for the lower energy bills, but because of the tighter air envelope, it allows for the trapped pet dander, dust, pollens and other allergens to recirculate in your home, which can create asthmatic and allergic reactions.
Devices that remove these allergens from the air, maintain healthy levels of humidity – which protects wood floors, furnishings, eliminate static electricity, help prevent dry skin, chapped lips and dry nasal passages or sinuses which can result in nosebleeds, eliminate the possibility of molds, viruses and bacteria to proliferate are all considered Indoor Air Quality Products, and at Horizon Mechanical we have the ability to custom tailor an indoor environment that suits your family best, as everyone has different requirements.
Types of Indoor Air Quality
Installation, Replacement & Service of All Makes and Models of Whole House Humidifiers
By-Pass & Steam Humidifiers
A whole-house humidifier protects wood floors and furnishings, eliminates static electricity, and helps prevent dry skin, chapped lips and dry nasal passages or sinuses which can result in nose bleeds. The American Society of Otolaryngology even reports that it is important to prevent an overly dry environment because it makes people more susceptible to infection. Increase your family’s level of comfort and protect your valuable furnishings by adding just the right amount of moisture with a whole-house humidifier.
Installation, Replacement & Service of All Makes and Models of Electronic Air Cleaners
We don’t just work to make sure your home’s air is warm or cool. We work to make sure it’s as clean and comfortable as it can be. There are many different type of air cleaning and purification products on the market but none as effective as the Trane CleanEffects.
Trane CleanEffects™ air filtration system has a breakthrough technology that can remove up to 99.98% percent of airborne allergens from your home’s filtered air.
Top Ten Tips for a Healthy Home
- Declare your home a smoke-free zone. Secondhand smoke can cause serious health problems, especially for children. Ask smokers to take it outside.
- New Trane Clean Effects is the industry’s most effective whole house air filtration system in the industry. This technology breakthrough removes up to an astounding 99.98% of airborne allergens from the air that passes through the filter, making it 8 times more effective than even the best HEPA room filter and up to 100 times more effective than a standard 1’’ filter.
- Keep humidity levels low with a dehumidifier or air conditioner, as needed. Clean both regularly so they don’t become a source of pollutants themselves. Fix all leaks and drips in the home, as standing water and high humidity encourages the growth of mold and other biological pollutants.
- To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, have all fuel burning appliances inspected by a qualified technician once a year. Install a carbon monoxide detector near your sleeping rooms.
- To keep dust mites and other allergens to a minimum, clean regularly. Wash bedding materials in hot water (at least 130°). Consider replacing carpet with area rugs that can be taken up and washed often.
- Fit your gas range with a hood fan that exhausts the air outside. Use the fan or open a window when cooking to remove gas fumes.
- Check commercial cleaning products and pesticides for toxic ingredients, and use according to manufacturers directions. Keep your home well ventilated when using these products. Consider switching to less toxic alternatives.
- Test your home for radon. Use a radon test kit labeled “Meets EPA requirements”.
- Never leave a car or lawn mower running in an attached garage or shed. Avoid the use of unvented heaters or charcoal grills indoors.
- Call Horizon Mechanical for more information about avoiding indoor air hazards in the home